1. When people think they know someone because of their skin color.
2. When you’re walking down the street and a woman holds her purse tighter as she passes you.
3. When people say that you can’t be your childs mother because they don’t have the same complexion as you.
4. When people refuse to serve you because of what you look like.
5. When people follow you around the store from the minute you arrive.
6. When people think they have to decide the rights of others.
7. When people think they have the right to kill you because you don’t fit in with their ideals.
8. When people exclude you because you are different.
9. When people only want you to fill a quota, but still don’t think you’re good enough for the job.
10. When people assume that racism is only about color.
Ten Things I Hate About Racism©
by Felina Silver Robinson